At Royal Care, we understand that choosing the right care provider for you or a loved one can be a challenge. Even after you research and find the names of several providers, you will still want to learn more about their reputation and the services they provide.
The following is a checklist of questions we’ve created to ask potential providers—including us at Royal Care—and other individuals who may seek to know about the provider’s track record. The answers will help guide you in making the best possible choice for your needs.
- How long has this provider been serving the community?
- Does this provider supply literature explaining its services, eligibility requirements and fees?
- How does this provider select and train employees?
- Are nurses or other health professionals required to evaluate the patient’s home care needs?
- If so, what does the evaluation involve?
- Are the patient’s physicians and family members consulted?
- Does this provider include the patient and family members in creating a care plan or making changes to it?
- Is the patient’s course of treatment fully documented and does it detail the specific tasks performed by each individual caregiver?
- Do the patient and the family receive a copy of this plan, and is it updated as changes occur?
- Does anyone take time to educate family members on the care being administered to the patient?
- Does this provider assign supervisors to oversee the care being received?
- If so, do they make visits and how often?
- Who can be contacted for questions or complaints regarding care and/or a caregiver?
- How does the provider follow up on and resolve issues?
- Is a written statement explaining all of the costs and payment plan options given to the patient and/or family?
- What procedures are in place to handle emergencies?
- How does this provider guarantee patient confidentiality?